Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2015 22:00

Cross domain authentication failing

Hi,

I have added my cluster to a domain and the process seems to be successful and also I can access the cifs shares with the domain credentials from machines in the same domain. But, if I try to access the cluster shares from a cross domain, the authentication fails for domain credentials but the root authentication works. Please help me to resolve this issue.

I am using OneFS 7.2.0.1.

Thanks

93 Posts

October 12th, 2015 17:00

Hi Satyan,

What do you mean by cross domain?  Is there a trust relationship?

Cheers,
Matt

4 Posts

October 12th, 2015 23:00

Hi Matt,

My scenario is like, I have 2 domains say A and B that do not have any trust but any machine across the domains are reachable. I have added the EMC device to domain A and trying to access the EMC shares from a machine in domain B but with credentials of domain A and the authentication is failing. This scenario works for EMC vnx devices.

Thanks,

Satyan

5 Posts

October 13th, 2015 10:00

Hello Satyan,

Great question! 

This website seems to address some of your issues, give it a look:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/659013/accessing-a-shared-file-unc-from-a-remote-non-trusted-domain-with-credentials

You could talk with your Domain Admin group and see what the options are for you at this time: 1) set a trust between the domains, 2) join the cluster to the other non-trusted domain as a new zone, 3) use FTP to obtain needed files, 4) set up a local Isilon user on the cluster for the share connection ( net use command -- see here for more info:  https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490717.asp ).

Have a super day!

Dave

4 Posts

October 14th, 2015 06:00

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

I want to know if any settings on the OneFS side will make the shares accessible because the exact  scenario is working for EMC vnx device shares. Or is this the behavior of the Isilon OneFS devices?

Also, I have tried "net use" command, it wasn't helpful.

Thanks,

Satyan

No Events found!