Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 24th, 2014 09:00

E20-555 Exam

I have a question on E20-555 exam. I am planning to order a training DVD. However, I noticed that this exam will be updated on 10th Oct, 2014. I also noticed that the study materials for this exam are Solutions Design and Infrastructure training DVDs. These two DVDs have normally two exams E20-553 and E20-554 or E20-555.

Now Isilon TA track is showing we need only one exam E20-555 and two course - solutions design and infrastructure trainings put together one on exam. Please confirm. I would like to know exactly what I need to order and what I need to study to pass the exam before and after the 10th of Oct.

Thank you.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 24th, 2014 09:00

Yes it’s all under one exam , but if you are not ready to take the test by 10th. I would hold off and see what new material they post.

Deontray Jones

Systems Engineer

Areospace and Defense Alliances

121 Posts

September 24th, 2014 10:00

I do have one material - which is solutions design pdf from last year 2013 Jun. However I don't have infrastructure pdf. What exam I can take after I study just solutions design before the 10th of Oct? If Isilon TA exam is only E2-555 and it includes both materials before the 10th of Oct, then I will have to hold. Please let me know. Thanks.

212 Posts

September 24th, 2014 23:00

Hi RRAO

The older version of this Exam was as you stated the E20-553 infrastucture and E20-554 Solutions design.

The two was only available for a short time,and was replaced by E20-555 which is covering the same material as the two previous.

So in earlier times, you had to pass 2 exams for the same certification.

If you have a good knowlegde about how Isilon works, the features, and the Hardware specs. you could try for the current version of the 555 exam, In my opinion the hard part is the Solutions design., not the curriculum covered in the infrastructure modules

Do observe that the currenct version and the New one is on different versions of OneFS, so there will be quite a diffenrence on the specs and features in the two versions, so if you are current on OneFS and HW prior to 7.1.1 it could be easier for you to pass the exam now rather than later.

Did you have a go at the Pactice exam for this Certification, that could be a very good help for you to see if you should have a go at this before EMC updates the Student Materials...when you have taken the practice test, you can review your results and see where in the study materials the wrong answers you had are located...

Good luck with the Certification.

No Events found!