Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 20th, 2014 02:00

Few questions regarding configuring Isilon at ESX

1. What if i have already given internal and external IP address for a node. How to change it later? When I login to a node, I am not sure what is the command to reconfigure the IP settings.

2. Is it possible if I create two separate nodes at two different time with different external and internal ip addresses. Can I add them into a single cluster later?

3. In doc, it ask me to give IP range for internal and external Ip addresses. What if the available IP addresses are not in sequence. How to give them discrete ip addresses (for example, *.*.*.56 and *.*.*.97)?

4. Can I give DHCP IPs for internal and external IP addresses? Can I make Isilon to choose the IP addresses by himself from the available vLAN?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 20th, 2014 04:00

Hi,

For the question 1 you can change it through GUI --> Cluster Management --> Network configuration or through isi network modify command line.

Question 2, not sure to understand. You can add, remove, change node configuration and IP settings at any time. You can add nodes and scale your cluster from 3 nodes to 144 nodes.

Question 3, for IP internal you can choose any IP, it's internal Example below :

Internal A @IPMasque 1Internal B @ IPMasque 2Adresse IP (Failover)
1.0.1.1 - 254255.255.255.01.0.2.1-254255.255.255.01.0.0.1-254

In a subnet, YES you can use for example, *.*.*.56 and *.*.*.97.

Question 4, For internal you can't use DHCP adresse because it's Infiniband switch, not plug on the network. Internal communication only. For External, you have to define a Range of IP but IP's could be like in your example.You can also use VLAN ID in a subnet.

Hope it'll help,

January 20th, 2014 20:00

Thanks royerm for the info. I appreciate your time.

January 20th, 2014 22:00

Where can I see the list of all the capabilities provided by Isilon?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 20th, 2014 23:00

All documentations are on support.emc.com if you are a customer. if you are an EMC/Partner you can download documentations also on powerlink.emc.com

On support.emc.com you'll find in Isilon products an admin guide with everything about Isilon Cluster.

No Events found!