Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 2nd, 2014 02:00

Final Cut 10 and Isilon x400

Hi All,

Is any one running final cut 10 with Isilon x400 nodes as I was told a while ago that this might not work.

Thanks,

Adam

83 Posts

April 2nd, 2014 14:00

Hello Adam,

I have not heard anything about a problem, was there anything specific that was mentioned? I am sure there are articles published in regards to best practices for FC PRO.

93 Posts

April 3rd, 2014 15:00

Hi Adam,

FCP X can work with Isilon; it is recommended that the latest FCP X, 10.1 be used.

Isilon can be a common location for individual FCP X projects, but do not expect a fully collaborative environment to work right out-of-the-box.  You need an additional layer to manage the users' access to files with something like Flavoursys Strawberry:

http://www.flavoursys.com/products/strawberry/overview/

Cheers,
Matt

April 4th, 2014 03:00

Great thank you for your help !

April 4th, 2014 03:00

Great thank you for your help !

1 Message

April 30th, 2014 09:00

While Matt's statement held true entirely for earlier versions of FCP X, the current release, FCP X 10.1, is able to host libraries on an NFS share and puts Isilon on par with other storage platforms in terms of the built-in collaborative features for FCP X.

I've personally not seen this work yet, but I've confirmation that this is possible.

I'll post an update to this thread as soon as I've had a chance to validate this, but in the meantime, feedback and requests regarding this are most welcome!!!

With that said, a collaborative platform like Flavoursys can help with managing multiple projects and libraries. To date Flavoursys and another comparable solution, MXF-Server don't have FCP X support.

Best,

Martin

June 7th, 2016 08:00

Hi, is the current version of Final Cut Pro working "natively" with EMC Isilon?

Does it need any "third party" middleware software to properly handle collaborative workloads and file locking?

Thanks.

Matteo

No Events found!