Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 9th, 2014 03:00

How to add NFS share in Isiolon. Also let me know how to mount NFS share in Mac.

How to add NFS share in Isiolon. Also let me know how to mount NFS share in Mac.

122 Posts

October 1st, 2014 08:00

You can create NFS export from GUI.

1) File Sharing > NFS > Add Export

2) Under "Access Control":

a) Credential mapping: "Map root users"

b) User name: nobody

This is the default; however in a basic configuration, if I am correctly assuming what you are trying to accomplish, you can change this to: root.  Another thing you can do instead and may or may not be the right choice is to instead change the owner of the directory to: nobody (via File Explorer or chmod), but I simply bring up the latter example of how the 2 options related to each other.

How to Mount from MAC ?

Mac OS X: Using the Finder to Mount NFS Exports

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

September 9th, 2014 05:00

login to Isilon WebUI, select Help > Online Help, search for "Managing NFS exports".  As far as how to mount NFS export on a Mac, use google.

450 Posts

September 9th, 2014 07:00

In OSX Mavericks, Apple removed the NFS Mount UI from the Disk Utility.  Which is truly unfortunate.  You can create an /etc/fstab file like on any unix host give the right permissions.  Or in Finder, you can click Go --> Connect to Server, then give it the path like this: nfs:// /

Here is a good overview of autofs on OSX (as dynamox mentioned courtesy of Google):

https://coderwall.org/p/fuoa-g/

~Chris Klosterman

Senior Solution Architect

EMC Isilon Offer & Enablement Team

chris.klosterman@emc.com

No Events found!