Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

November 18th, 2015 20:00

Isilion : SMB share is not accessible from LINUX

I have a SMB share create in Isilion. Customer want that to be accessed from LINUX server. I have created a NFS mount point and provided access to 3 servers. Even though user is able to mount the share, only root has full permission on this share.

November 18th, 2015 20:00

This is what I did : Created a NFS share with same name and given access to few servers.

Windows servers are using AD authentication in our environment. No LDAP configured in Linux. Local Linux users are trying to access the share but they do not have permission to read / write.

drwxrwx---      9     1000106     1000000     176 spet 28  13:24     share

This is what they see on the server. Linux team do not want to modify permission from server end. Is there any why to give full permission to all the users or some particular users for this mount point from Isilion ?

1.2K Posts

November 19th, 2015 05:00

The WebGUI for an NFS export allows to define client machines as well as (all) non-root users to access the export "as root". But boy will that produce a mess with on-disk permission when these users are going to write stuff... Try it on a test folder to see if you really want this. (Or: export read-only to client machines and map users to root, so they can read everything but change nothing.)

-- Peter

1 Rookie

• 

567 Posts

November 20th, 2015 10:00

On WebGUI on SMB shares, is Everyone set to FULL CONTROL?

No Events found!