Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 19th, 2016 12:00

Isilon Failover Preparation Phase Question

Hi Everyone.

Based in the document "Best Practice for Data Replication with EMC ISILON SyncIQ" .. mentions  the next:

---

Failback consists of three phases. Each phase should complete beforee proceeding.

1. Run the preparation phase (resync-prep) on the source Cluster A to ready it to receive intervening

changes from the target cluster. This phase creates a read-only replication domain, restores the last know

good snapshot and creates a SyncIQ policy on the target policy appended with '_mirror', that is used to failback

the dataset. During this phase, clients are still connected to the target.

---

The text in Bold: "Creates a SyncIQ policy on the target policy appended with '_mirror". 

Can someone say me what smart connect Pool or ip address is selected when this SyncIQ Policy is created  in the target ? ...

Thank you.

300 Posts

October 24th, 2016 00:00

7.1.1.x:

It targets a IP-Address of the source replication subnet. Not the Smartconnectzone IP, not the Smartconnectzone Name of the source, no just a random IP from that pool (i guess the IP that answers to the nslookup of the smartconnectzonename, so the choosing is related to your smartconnect policy)

(Designflaw in my opinion, filed a FR a while ago)

Regards

-- sluetze

40 Posts

November 1st, 2016 09:00

i agree ...something not good I think  the behavior.

Thank you !!

300 Posts

November 2nd, 2016 01:00

if i remember correctly you can change the target ip adress of the mirror policy. Dunno if this breaks the system or not...

Regards

--sluetze

No Events found!