Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

December 11th, 2014 03:00

Isilon Shares Offline files

Hi there,

I have just migrated from a Celera to our New Isilon OneFS 7.1.1.1 running latest patches (135773,134754,135046) and managed to get sharedup up export and import out shares ok which is great. Since then the migration guys have to come to me advising that they have noticed that the shares' offline files cannot be set to "No file or pgrams from the shared folder are available offline" as if they change it from this it swaps striaght back to "Only the files and programs that users specify are available offline" from windows server MMC Shared folders. We have the right permissions etc. Any ideas? As  they noticed that a users machine had locked a folder and it looked like it was trying to offline sync it. I have checked the old celera nas and that is set to how it should be.

offline1.JPG.jpg

Any ideas would be greatly appreciate as an important migration is being held back becasue of this.

Regards

Jon.

8 Posts

I have just tried this in the simulator and experienced the same thing.

Thanks

Jon

99 Posts

Have a look at this thread from MS social technet... not sure if it applies to your exact case, but is interesting reading nevertheless

Manage Offline Files cache using SYSTEM or Admin Credentials to migrate/rename the pinned items to another server

January 10th, 2018 00:00

Hi,

i know it is "a bit late", but for everyone who is searching the internet for an answer, here it comes;

You can simply use...

isi smb shares modify sharename --csc-policy none

... to solve this.

Depends a bit if you got additional access zones - then you have to adjust the command to that. To set the option back to default, use --revert-csc-policy.

Found it in the "CLI-Administration-Guide" and hope it will help someone.

I could not find a solution for the web-console, but I guess it is better than nothing.

Regards

Sascha

No Events found!