Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2013 10:00

Isilon platform API support for SyncIQ

Will Isilon API support SyncIQ in later versions ?

132 Posts

January 30th, 2013 19:00

The answer is very likely.  I unfortunately do not have a roadmap for SyncIQ support but some of the URLs for the PAPI protocol have already been mapped out.

114 Posts

January 31st, 2013 17:00

Thanks.

September 11th, 2013 15:00

The document "Best Practices for Data Replication with EMC Isilon SyncIQ" dated November 2012 alludes to API control of SYnc IQ on page 30.

Automation via the OneFS Platform API

The OneFS Platform API provides a RESTful programmatic interface to SyncIQ, allowing automated control of cluster replication. The Platform API is integrated with Roles Based Administration (described above) providing a granular authentication framework for secure, remote SyncIQ administration via the scripting language of your choice.

The latest version of the Platform API guide makes no mention of any support for SyncIQ via API calls.

I find this very frustrating that the messages are different in 2 different EMC documents. 

February 11th, 2014 23:00

The CLIs also different for versions

isi sync policies list in  7.1x

isi sync policy list  in 7.0x

Is there is any common command  or url across versions thru which I can see policies ..

This is need to for a management solution to report policy of clusters

122 Posts

February 11th, 2014 23:00

Satish You can use command below it will work with all versions (isi sync pol list)

jupiter-1# isi sync pol list

Name    Path             Action  Enabled  Target

-------------------------------------------------------

daisy   /ifs/data/target sync    Yes      192.168.X.X

padlock /ifs/data/test   copy    Yes      192.168.X.X

sync    /ifs/sync        sync    Yes      192.168.X.X

-------------------------------------------------------

114 Posts

February 12th, 2014 07:00

As of OneFS 7.? REST API Supports SyncIQ

February 12th, 2014 07:00

Are you asking OneFS sync IQ has REST API?

I could not find REST API for Sync IQ.

I have only CLI option.

117 Posts

February 12th, 2014 08:00

OneFS 7.1 added PAPI support for SyncIQ.  PAPI support for SyncIQ is not present in OneFS 7.0.

See the OneFS 7.1 PAPI reference doc / Chapter 8 (SyncIQ Resources)

https://support.emc.com/docu50224_OneFS-7.1-Platform-API-Reference.pdf

As for CLI, you can use the isi_classic sync policy command in 7.1 to match the look&feel of the 7.0 isi sync policy command.  (In fact you can use isi_classic sync policy in both 7.0 and 7.1)

However, please note that isi_classic is meant to minimize the impact of CLI changes so it's not guaranteed to be there in a future OneFS version.  Therefore whenever you evaluate a new OneFS version, make sure to check this out if your app relies on it.

57 Posts

March 8th, 2015 16:00

Hi I wanted to comment on this thread as my company has an automated solution to this, a new product targets this exact problem in this thread with a supported virtual appliance being sold through EMC Select and EMC Brokerage. My company developed this product working closely with EMC. Feel free to email me about it or enhancements you see the need for. The product page is here http://superna.net/eyeglass-isilon/

Online free training on the solution in a virtual lab with 2 clusters can be requested here http://superna.net/eyeglassonlineform/

Let us know how we can help

Andrew

No Events found!