Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

February 19th, 2016 14:00

IsilonSD Edge - Certificate issue

Hello,

I am trying to install IsilonSD Edge. I just finished deploying the management server and registered it with vCenter.

When I login to vCenter and try to "Create Isilon SD Cluster" I get the following error:

Please open the Isilon Management Server: https:// :9443 in the same browser and accept the SSL certificate.

I've tried in 3 separate browers (I.E., Mozilla, Chrome) and installed the certificate in all of them. Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

4 Posts

February 22nd, 2016 09:00

Please try opening the management server in a separate tab and keep it opened. Example:

If you are using Chrome:

Tab1: Open the vCenter web-client

Tab2: Open the management server web interface at https:// :9443 then login to the management server and keep this tab open

Switch to Tab1 and then create the cluster

33 Posts

February 25th, 2016 11:00

Hi KT,

Thanks for the response. This is how I tried originally. I tried again after rebooting, but am having the same result.

I also had a co-worker try from his machine but gets the same issue.

image.jpg

34 Posts

February 28th, 2016 12:00

Hi Cbuhler,

Please refresh vCenter tab after accepting management server SSL certificate.

March 17th, 2016 11:00

This is a challenge you have to use the MOB interface on the vSphere to remove the plugin.

https://vsphereserverip/mob

Once you login look for the extension and remove it.

Once you do this you have to log out of your browser and log back in for the extension to be completely gone. (do not refresh as you will still see it.)

This only happens if you do not remove the plugin from the management console prior to changing/deleting the vm.

Once in the MOB interface it is under "content" then "Extension Manager"

You then remove the vonefs extension.

mob.tiff

33 Posts

Hi Sak99,

I tried that but didn't work. I've removed the management server and deployed a new one with a different IP. Unfortunately, I didn't unregister through the appliance before deleting the old management server. Even though I've registered the new management server, it still fails but is trying to connect to the OLD management server IP.

I tried manually removing the plugin, re-registering and the value of the old management server will not go away.

Any ideas how to correct?

33 Posts

March 17th, 2016 12:00

Thanks, Williamgriffith.

This is what I did when I mentioned I manually removed the plugin, it didn't work and still referenced the old system. Here's what ended up fixing it for me:

1. Unregistered vcenter using the appliance

2. Logged into vCenter and deleted everything with the name Isilon (some of these I needed to use rm -rf)

i.e.

I deleted the following files:

./etc/vmware-vpx/locale/com.isilon.vonefs_catalog.zip

./etc/vmware/vsphere-client/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity/com.isilon.vonefs-1.0.0010

./usr/lib/vmware-vsphere-client/server/work/deployer/s/global/128/0/vonefs-service-1.0.0010.jar/com/isilon

./usr/lib/vmware-vsphere-client/server/work/deployer/s/global/129/0/vonefs.war/locales/com_isilon_vonefs-fr_FR.properties

./usr/lib/vmware-vsphere-client/server/work/deployer/s/global/129/0/vonefs.war/locales/com_isilon_vonefs-en_US.properties

3. Rebooted vCenter

4. Re-registered

It's working now.

March 17th, 2016 12:00

Interesting, I have always been successful when using the MOB interface to remove the plugin.

Now I have ran into browser issues where I thought it was uninstalled but it still showed up in the web interface.

Restarting the browser usually cleans things up.

You may also need to connect via the browser to port 5480 and restart the vSphere Web Admin, and then once again restart your browser.

Clearly unregistering the management console from the vSphere server is ideal but I have forgot to-do that a couple of times when testing and had to work through these steps.

I have not had to manually delete these items at the command line yet.

Thanks for the info.

- William

1 Message

March 18th, 2016 14:00

Have you tired by clearing your browser cache/history?

5 Posts

November 3rd, 2016 14:00

Hello all,

I have the same issue, but trying clear the cache browser, unregister vcenter from management console, register again, delete pluggin dont work for me. Any other idea?

Always have the SSL certificate issue ;(

Thanks beforehand for your help.

5 Posts

November 10th, 2016 13:00

Hello sak99 the version of the management server is 1.0.1, i´m using the last version of browser. I test with ie, firefox and chrome.

Someone have the communication port between IsilonSD Edge and vCenter?

34 Posts

November 10th, 2016 13:00

What is the version of management server ?

Which browser are you using & do you have the latest version ?

Can you try installing new management server(version 1.0.1) & see if it resolves the SSL issue.

34 Posts

November 10th, 2016 14:00

Did you get accept SSL certificate warning ?

If yes, after clicking "Accept" did it open another tab requesting to accept SSL certificate of management server ?

After accepting SSL certificate, that tab automatically closes & redirects you to the plugin within vCenter.

5 Posts

November 11th, 2016 06:00

Yes, i click on that warning windows, this button redirect to management server and close automatically and then redirect to me to web client and this is ciclyc.

In fact, when i go to https://IP_Managmenet_Server:9443/#/ssl appears SSL Accepted. This is weird

Any idea?

34 Posts

November 11th, 2016 10:00

Yes..that is weird.

Can you try deploying another copy of management server & see if it resolves this issue.

In the past it had worked after deploying another management server. Thanks

No Events found!