Regarding multiple jobs in 7.1....:
- The OneFS job engine can run up to three jobs simultaneously. However, jobs of the same job classification cannot run at the same time. There are only two classifications, restripe and mark. The jobs included in those classifications are listed in the following table:
Does anyone know:
1) Where is FSAnalyze in this?
2) MultiScan is in both. Can I run MultiScan along with another job if its in both?
Or does this effectively mean treat these as separate jobs:
- Restripe Jobs: MultiScan (AutoBalance)
- Mark Jobs: MultiScan (Collect)
3) You can have 3 jobs running simultaneously,and they must be separate classifications, but there's only 2 classifications. Surely this means only 2 can run simultaneously?
Solved! Go to Solution.
There is a better explanation in the white paper, page 11
FSAnalyze is in the 3rd group, "others".
MultiScan runs as one job, but in both Mark or Restripe groups.
So no job from these groups can run at the same time with MultiScan,
but two from the "Other" group can!
E.g. MultiScan (function of AutoBalance and Collect in one job) + FSAnalyze + QuotaScan
That's three jobs, but worth even four jobs in a sense!