Highlighted
2 Iron

Re: OneFS 8.2 changes to SSIP

The change was made because there are security concerns around allowing access to anything other than DNS to an SSIP. Is there some reason that a dynamic SmartConnect pool with a single IP isn't a suitable replacement?

I am able to create an "HA_IP" dynamic SmartConnect pool with a single IP and use it for cluster management both via that API and via the Web UI. I apologize for not posting the examples, I tried multiple times but for some reason the community web site doesn't seem to deal well with cut&paste commands and output. I can attach screen shots instead if that would be helpful.

Regards,

Tim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Beryllium

@isi_tim 

Just as an aside for the copy/paste issue: Expand the editor menu (three horizontal dots . . .  from the menu bar), then in the expanded menu choose </> for "Insert/Edit code sample" 

(Wierd enough, these menu items might be missing sometimes. With a narrow browser window or a large font size, some menu items are simply dropped from the super-dynamic layout, sigh.)

-- Peter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

Thanks Peter,

yes I was doing that. Also tried "Spoiler tags". The code functionality on this site is broke. It doesn't support e.g. shell and so syntax-highlighting is broken. But even worse, the parsing on the site is broken and so, depending on what you try to paste, posts will fail silently or give a bogus error about unable to find https://.../post/post/post.

The last time I did this, I ended up posting Snipping Tool images of the code in question 😞

Tim

0 Kudos