Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 20th, 2014 21:00

Question on snapshot of isilon

Hi,

Customer is running isilon on ONEFS7.0 & they have a scheduled snapshot. Now they have a below question

Is it true to say the the snapshot folder of a specific schedule which does not contain the timestamp, is always the most "up-to-date" version of the file structure ?

Example

.snapshot\Snapshot1 -> Most recent ?

.snapshot\Snapshot1-Date1-Time

.snapshot\Snapshot2-Date1-Time

.snapshot\Snapshot3-Date1-Time

I have checked the above scenario in my test cluster & found that the scheduled snapshots will creates all the snapshots with time stamp, but the customer is claiming that for all the snapshot he has, they have always 1 snapshot folder without time stamp. This is really a strange behavior. Can you help me to know that why one of the snapshot folder does not have a time stamp & this is happening with all other scheduled snapshots as well.

Also customer send me a pic will all the snapshots. Please find the same as below. By seeing the pic you can find that one of the snapshot folder are always have a missing timestamp. eg. Temp_8days, usagers_8days etc.

2014-01-17_09h21_39.jpg

Regards,

Jasmeet Saluja

1.2K Posts

January 20th, 2014 22:00

Hello Jasmeet,

those are called "aliases" and simply refer to the most recent snapshot of a schedule, as you suspected.

The alias feature is configured per schedule, just leave (or set to) blank to have it disabled.

Cheers

-- Peter

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 20th, 2014 22:00

Hi Peter,

Thanks alot. Its really appreciated.

Regards,

Jasmeet

No Events found!