Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 1st, 2016 09:00

Quota Notification Value

Hello Everyone:

Currently, we're working with template to create a quota notification message to the users from ISILON The idea is configure a notification with Advisory Limit; in order to allow the user react before to reach the hard limit. The body of the message, include the variable , but based in the customer requirements, we need mention the hard limit of the quota in the body of the message  and how much space is consumed. For the last we use the variable , but is there any way to include the "Hard Limit Value" here ?? .. or can i do a math calculation before to send the mesage ??.

Please, any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

104 Posts

June 2nd, 2016 09:00

OctavioG,

The and are going to report on the Quota threshold being hit not the size of another quota threshold.

Eg: When you hit an advisory threshold the and are that of the advisory threshold, not of the hard quota. As of now there is no variable to report the threshold of a different type of quota.

While it does not function this way currently I can see where this would be helpful at least to know where you are sitting at in regards to not being able to write any more.

If this is a feature that is needed I would suggest working with your account team to open a RFE (Request for Enhancement).

Shane

117 Posts

June 2nd, 2016 10:00

Octavio, definitely involve your account team.  I've had exact same request for another customer and I've submitted a feature request through the account team.  Having many requests for this feature means a better chance of having it in the product sooner.  You can give my name to your account team if they want more details on the existing feature request.

40 Posts

June 3rd, 2016 05:00

Thank you Shane and Yan. I followed your advice and i will work with the account team in order to submit a feature request.

No Events found!