Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 13th, 2018 07:00

User can see folders with not permission acces in a Isilon smb share

Hello Isilon Members:

Please, help me to see what´s going up here .. We´re migrating several Windows File Servers to Isilon. So far, everything is fine. But, after that, a share and folders were migrated, one user, accesing to the share, can see all the Folders in there using windows explorer and checking the same user accesing the share in the file server, can only see the folders , which he have access in windows explore. Below, an image, which shows the scenario:

share_image.jpg

Please, note, that the image to the left, is how the customer can see all the folders, accesing to the share in the ISILON.He only, can see the folders, he doesn´t have access all them. To the right side, is the same user accesing the share in the Windows FileServer, Please, note that only can see the folders, which he have access.

Can you say me, what could be the reason for that ? ...

Thank you.

20 Posts

December 13th, 2018 09:00

Hello again.

I´ve already found the answer:

Access-based enumeration (ABE) is a Microsoft Windows (SMB protocol) feature which allows the users to view only the files and folders to which they have read access when browsing content on the file server. ... ABE controls the user's view of shared folders on mounted file system shares based on the user permissions.

Therefore, i must activate ABE in the ISILON with the command: isi smb settings global modify --access-based-share-enum true.

Thank you.

No Events found!