Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 11th, 2016 14:00

What are "Unresolved Clients" on the NFS Exports page?

I've created an NFS share, with clients foo.example.com and bar.example.com.  From the CLI, nslookup is able to resolve both name, however the same names are listed as unresolved clients.  For the time being, I've also added the IP addresses of the clients.  Can someone explain what's going on?

130 Posts

May 13th, 2016 10:00

Hello,

Thank you for your question! Can you let me know which version of OneFS that you are running? From what I have been able to find, this can be a side effect of NFS moving into the user space beginning with 7.2, also called uNFS.  The API daemon on the cluster, isi_papi_d, reads information from gconfig files, and returns this "unresolved" for all hosts in client lists. This is working as designed at the moment. While inconvenient, the bug is cosmetic in nature and your clients would still be able to connect to the export.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

May 13th, 2016 14:00

I have had the same "issue" in 7.1.1.8

197 Posts

May 16th, 2016 04:00

And 7.2.1.2

25 Posts

May 17th, 2016 09:00

Yes, we are running 7.2.1, but are thinking about upgrading to 8.0 in a few weeks to better support Hadoop.  Has or will this be fixed at some point?

30 Posts

May 25th, 2016 06:00

I had the same Question, it is related to that NFS was moved to the User Space and will be fixed in a Future Version....

here is the whole Explanation:

Please note that this is a "side effect" of NFS moving into the user space beginning with 7.2, also called uNFS. PAPI reads information from gconfig files (/ifs/.ifsvar/modules/nfs/nfs_config.gc, ...), and returns "unresolved" for all hosts in client lists. This is working as designed. While inconvenient, the bug is cosmetic in nature.

May 16th, 2017 02:00

I know this post is old but I wanted to add.

This is not just cosmetic, there might be implications on Linux client side if you do

showmount -e nfsserver.fqdn

You get list of export filesystem and then IP addresses (not hostnames).

This is a issue to our Linux team.

No Events found!