Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 25th, 2014 14:00

10 Vostro 3700 laptops

Who can I contact at Dell concerning 10 Vostro 3700 laptops with all the same overheating issues? We have replaced motherboards, heatsinks, fans and power supplies in 8 of the 10 laptops before the warranty ran out last summer now the other two are showing the exact same signs. I have researched this issue and the Vostro 3700's are now well known for this problem. Shouldn't Dell have done a on this product or some sort of contact on owners of this product? I now have two that need their hardware replaced and I would like Dell to help in this matter since it's now 10 out of 10 laptops with the exact same issue. Please help! I really like Dell products - desktops, laptops and servers - but now I am rethinking our companies purchasing of hardware equipment! Thank you.

6 Posts

October 30th, 2014 13:00

6 months later and still no answers from Dell customer care on these laptops.  I do not think that Dell really cares that much after all.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

October 31st, 2014 09:00

Laurierick,

I may be able to help.  I will be sending you a friend request so I can get the specifics of the two systems. With the systems being out of warranty options may be limited but I can certainly take a look.

TB

6 Posts

October 31st, 2014 11:00

I tried to accept the friend request and it does not work.  I get 'the webpage cannot be found' error. 

6 Posts

November 5th, 2014 12:00

Terry, What specific information do you need on these Vostros - there are 10 of them and all have now experienced the same over-heating issue.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

November 5th, 2014 13:00

Hi Laurierick

I have my account open to accept private messages from all users. Please send me via direct message the service tags of the affected systems, any case numbers from tech support that you may have, and we can go from there. The symptoms that you are seeing with the systems, any error messages that the systems may be giving and any troubleshooting that has been done and we can go from there.

TB

No Events found!