Re: 14z- N411z Multiple failures

Hi  tvmeteorologist,

Welcome to the Community,

Since updating drivers did not help,to fix the issue we may need to get the touchpad replaced.Please private message me your system service tag number.To private message click on my user name and click start conversation.

I will check your system details and get back to you with repair options.

Thank You

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

0 Kudos
ebarmer
1 Copper

I thought I was crazy.  I have been researching this problem of the jumping cursor thinking that I needed to change some setting or had done something incorrectly.  I will be typing along and look up only to discover that I am now typing in the middle of a word on another paragraph.  This has been getting really bad lately.  I also notice that I am in a website scrolling around, and if I hover too long on a certain place, my computer will leave the site I am on and totally hijack me and send me to another site.  This is driving me crazy.  I did not realize that this is a problem with the computer.  I thought I had done something to change settings. Can I get someone to look at this?  I bought this in November so I guess it is still under warranty.  I do not know what to do with a computer if it is not working properly.  I have really loved this computer until now.

0 Kudos

Hi ebarmer,

Welcome to the Community,

Try installing this Touch freeze utility (it disables touchpad automatically while you are typing text) and confirm is the issue persists even after installing it.

Use this link to download and install: code.google.com/.../detail

Let me know how it goes.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
rrleon1
1 Nickel

This worked for me- it's really too bad though.  I use a mouse for most of my stuff but there are times when I pull out my laptop and would like to use the touchpad.  It will work for a while and then get all jumpy again.  Then I disable it and everything is good.  I too like the laptop, hate the damn touch pad.  Love the location of the touchpad for my typing, so have no idea why this was a problem.  Would luv to replace the touchpad if I could do it myself- i just don't want to send it in- i use it daily.  Bob

0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Are you still having issues with the Touchpad even after trying the Touch Freeze?

If yes,private message me your system Service tag number.To private message click on my user name,click start conversation.

Thank You

0 Kudos
polyglot10
1 Copper

I've tried to disable my touchpad, but can't seem to do it. I have a wireless mouse, but it hasn't solved the problem of my cursor going wherever it wants.  It's very difficult to work with. I already had the hard drive and MB replaced for another issue. Can you help?

0 Kudos
rrleon1
1 Nickel

To disable the touchpad, just hit the Fn (function) key and the F3 key at the same time.  This will toggle the touchpad on and off.  My cursor will still jump with my wireless mouse if the touchpad is enabled but I don't have any problems with the cursor jumping if the touchpad is disabled.  I just wish the stupid touchpad would work.  I don't need it ofter but would be nice to have it work when I need it.  Have not been satisfied with Dell's service at all.  Shoddy.  They screwed up my webcam trying to fix the touchpad.  Pinched a wire- sent out a new one and it still doesn't work.  I just don't have time to send it in to the shop so I'm about done with Dell as are a lot of people I know.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos