Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 15th, 2015 10:00

15R SE 7520 graphic / video card problem

Hi,

• Onboard graphic card: Intel HD 4000
  • Switchable graphic card: AMD HD 7730M / 7700M

Some among us experienced problems regarding the switchable graphic card (with regard to the program AMD Catalyst Control Center (CCC)  .

A frequently proposed solution is uninstalling old drivers, and installing latest drivers.

That's exactly what I also did. I uninstalled the videocard drivers from Dell support page (both Intel and AMD). Then exucted CCleaner on it, to remove potential files. Then restarted, and first installed the latest Intel HD 4000 driver (version 15.3). Then installed the latest AMD driver (through AMD website, including latest CCC program). Under device manager I now observe Intel HD Graphics 4000 and AMD Radeon HD 7700M.  (instead of 7730M, when installed drivers from Dell website).

However, I now probably face a new problem. The latest Intel HD 4000 driver is the 15.3 version. But, after installation of this newest version, then I installed the latest AMD driver. During the AMD installation, the Intel HD 4000 version  15.3 version changed to 10.18 (older version).

Now I have 2 options:

1) keeping the older Intel HD 4000 10.18

2) or, again installation of the latest Intel HD 4000 15.3 version.

But, then I might face having again CCC switchable graphic card problem.

Can anyone give me advice?

Thanx.

No Responses!
No Events found!