Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 3rd, 2014 16:00

17R 5737 Sleep issues

I just bought an Inspiron 17R 5737.  I had Future SHop swap out the HDD for a SSD. When I close the lid on my system for more than a few seconds, it takes about 30 seconds to re-start, and I lose all of my open Web sites, documents, etc.

I've had it in to Future Shop twice for this problem. This is totally unusual behaviour for a laptop.  

3 Posts

July 11th, 2014 15:00

Papaclaude,  Try this out  4th post down by Rong - R. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19542884.aspx?pi239031352=10#20517102

Worked for me.  Can't believe how long this issue has been going on and Dell have done nothing in the way of a fix. 

July 4th, 2014 02:00

Hi Papaclaude,

Welcome to community.

This may be an issue with the driver.I would suggest you to reinstall the Video card driver on the system to check for issue resolution.Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the video card drivers from Video section onto the system and install it.

Also, I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned in the video below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

http://dell.to/RXlP2Y

You can also try the steps provided in this link http://dell.to/1qVh7Qo this might help you.

Let me know about the progress.

8 Posts

July 4th, 2014 07:00

Mohammed, based on what I've read on the other thread link you provided, this seems to be an ongoing issue. I have re-installed my OS and had it in the shop for a week to try to resolve this, Let me tell you that I am VERY, VERY disappointed in Dell. When I tried downloading the drivers last week, it did something to my OS, and I spent a whole day re-installing it. I tried all of the diags, and also flashed the BIOS to the latest version. If you can provide me with a proven working fix, I will give Dell a further chance, otherwise, back to the store it goes and I'm getting something that works

July 5th, 2014 01:00

Hi Papaclaude,

Please send me a private message with the system service tag so that I can check what can be done.To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

8 Posts

July 5th, 2014 06:00

Hi Mohammed. Dumb moment on my part, but I can't get the PM option. Anyway, here is the info: Service tag: Service tag removed per privacy policy> Express Service Code:  Express service code removed per privacy policy>

July 7th, 2014 23:00

Hi Papaclaude,

I have send you friend request please accept and then send private message with system service tag, Name and your contact details so that we could check and assist you. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

8 Posts

July 8th, 2014 07:00

Hi Mohammed, I am trying to send you a PM, but when I click on "Send", I get the little round "working" icon, but it just keeps turning and the message does not go.

July 8th, 2014 21:00

Hi Papaclaude,

Please accept my friend request and then send private message. Please try using different browsers like Google chrome or Mozilla Firefox.  This should help you send me private message. 

3 Posts

July 9th, 2014 13:00

To be fair this issue has been affecting lots of dell laptops with the amd 8xxxm gpu and I find it ridiculous that the admin are suggesting to check out a possible fix from 7 months ago.  Muhammad,  Is anyone at dell actually going to do anything about this issue or is it going to go ignored for another 7 months?  

July 9th, 2014 19:00

Hi Papaclaude,

Thanks for sending Private message. I did receive and review your system details. Please try the steps provided below.

Reply us back with your findings. 

8 Posts

July 9th, 2014 20:00

Hi Mohammed, when I click on the first link, I get a 401 Unauthorized error. I tried from IE and Chrome.

8 Posts

July 9th, 2014 20:00

I was able to download all files except the last one - 13-9_mobility_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql.exe

8 Posts

July 11th, 2014 13:00

Did not work. And I'm unwilling to roll my system back to Win 8 from 8.1. Seems to me Dell/AMD should be able to develop a working driver rather than me having to move my system back to an OS that is full of bugs.

8 Posts

July 11th, 2014 16:00

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It seems to have worked. Yeah Unbelievable that a company like Dell, with the reputation it has (had????) would hang us out to dry like this. I've wasted about 3 weeks on this.

3 Posts

July 11th, 2014 17:00

Been ongoing for months,  They've been asked for help multiple times but multiple people and still nothing. 

I changed windows update to download and don't install without my permission just incase it tries to update the intel graphics drivers by itself.  Don't know if it would but it' ll be a pain to go through temporary fix all over again.  

Its definitely related to intel and AMDs graphics drivers not playing nice together. 

No Events found!