Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 19th, 2013 09:00

2 beep during power up Dell inspiron 14 3421-33472

I have bought a dell inspiron 14 3421-33472-DOS.

issue
After i have installed window xp and shutdown after completion of the setup.
i cant power up.

observation
1) 2 Beeping upon start up

2)logo of dell not even show up, only black screen.

What i 've tried
1)reseating the ram , switching ram between slot, trying single ram on different slot, none of this work.  

please advise, thanks.

2.2K Posts

November 19th, 2013 10:00

Hi lunakai,

Please unplug adapter and battery. Press and hold power button for 15 seconds. Plugin adapter and turn on system.

If the issue persists, it can be an issue with the system board.

For system out of warranty, contact expired warranty support using link given below:

http://dell.to/1eZqQ1H

NOTE: Link is for US only.

If the system is in warranty, send me service tag and name listed on account in private message.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US CustomersIndia CustomersFor Dell support videos click here.

4 Posts

November 23rd, 2013 00:00

Hi Manshu,

It help at first but at the second days, i face the same issue again and have to repeat the unpluging batt/adapter step again to make it work.
today, i totally cant start my laptop. perhaps it's the system board as you mentioned.

on the other hand, will you be able to help to check what is the VGA card for the laptop with service tag of  6410KW1  ?

thanks.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 23rd, 2013 03:00

The base model has Intel GPU only - the higher end models have an nVidia GT625M coprocessor.

There is just about no way you're going to get XP to run on this hardware (and since XP goes end of life in about five months, it's not even worth trying).

No Events found!