Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

July 11th, 2013 00:00

[22 weeks ago] Cypress confirmed Dell has an updated touchpad driver for the 15z...

So, you know we've all be stuck with this terrible driver for the XPS 15z touchpad, and Dell has been completely silent.

I just confirmed with Cypress that Dell has an updated driver for the 15z touchpad that works with Windows 8 and is supposed to fix all the current issues. This conversation happened about 2 weeks ago, and Dell had the driver before I contacted Cypress.

Hey Dell, RELEASE IT ALREADY!

*Update*
It's now at least 22 weeks since Dell was in possession of the updated driver

1.8K Posts

July 11th, 2013 00:00

Hi thorbsd,

We have not yet released a Windows 8 compatible driver for the XPS 15z and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.You may check the drivers download page for any updates after few days.In the meanwhile, you can trying installing the Windows 7 drivers using the workaround provided in the link below:
http://dell.to/18ORA4Q

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

24 Posts

July 11th, 2013 20:00

I know you haven't released a driver yet, that's why I contacted Cypress and posted here on the forums.

The "work around" doesn't change the fact that the drivers are terrible.

Tell your supervisors, and the team in charge of the drivers to get their act together, actually do something, and get the updated drivers on the download page so everyone that purchased this expensive laptop can use the touchpad without trouble. The fact that we've had to put up with such terrible support for this length of time is ridiculous!

1.8K Posts

July 13th, 2013 07:00

Hi thorbsd,

Thank you for your reply and for the feedback. I would forward your feedback to the appropriate team. You can check the drivers download website periodically for any updates.

5 Posts

July 22nd, 2013 20:00

guys this is unacceptable, why are you not releasing drivers for this touchpad on windows 8? you do realize your laptop is basically UNUSABLE without the farking touch pad right?!

807 Posts

August 1st, 2013 11:00

It's possible Dell hasn't finished testing the new driver or maybe they've found a problem. In such a case they will have to get Cypress to rewrite them. You could be waiting a while longer yet.

24 Posts

August 1st, 2013 11:00

So, it's been 5 weeks since it was confirmed that you guys had updated drivers for this touch pad, and I'm sure you had them before I got in touch with Cypress.

So where are they?

24 Posts

August 9th, 2013 16:00

We're at 6 weeks now, still nothing.

It took you guys two months to replace my hard drive, so based on experience, I guess you guys will have the drivers in another 2 weeks right?

Remind me again, why I should consider Dell for my next purchase?

24 Posts

August 30th, 2013 20:00

So it's been 9 weeks now.

Did you guys fire the people the who post drivers? They're certainly not doing their jobs.

Thanks Dell, top quality as usual!

24 Posts

September 5th, 2013 12:00

10 weeks and counting...

A million monkeys on a million typewriters would be getting very close to creating a new driver from scratch by now.

24 Posts

September 14th, 2013 10:00

11 weeks now.

I appreciate not being able to use the mouse on the $1300 laptop I bought a year ago, thanks guys!

I'm never buying another laptop from Dell. The support is terrible.

24 Posts

September 19th, 2013 17:00

12 weeks.

October 9th, 2013 18:00

Where are the drivers ?  What is the estimate for when they will be available.  I have an XPS 12 and the trackpad does my head in!

I'm guessing it is about 14 weeks since thosbsd asked for the driver... and you said it was released?

24 Posts

October 10th, 2013 08:00

Where are the drivers ?  What is the estimate for when they will be available.  I have an XPS 12 and the trackpad does my head in!

I'm guessing it is about 14 weeks since thosbsd asked for the driver... and you said it was released?

It's actually 15 weeks now.

It's apparent that either the people Dell employs are incompetent, or Dell is actively going out of their way to not provide support for their paying customers. Regardless of which (or both) is true, I will never purchase another PC from Dell, and I will be going out of my way to convince others to stay away as well. Nobody should have to receive such horrible support.

24 Posts

October 24th, 2013 08:00

17 weeks now.

24 Posts

November 28th, 2013 13:00

22 weeks now.

Dell, thank you for totally abandoning your customers. You have made it easy to decide who I should NOT buy from the next time I'm looking for a computer. I'll be sure to pass along my recommendations to others as well.

No Events found!