Highlighted
Josh111
2 Iron

RE: [22 weeks ago] Cypress confirmed Dell has an updated touchpad driver for the 15z...

Ok, I've promoted your idea! From what I understand not all computers will be abandoned; please specifies that speak in particular of the XPS 15z in the post.

My touchpad experience on Win8 with cypress driver was bad! Why should anything change on Win8.1? Please let me keep "clean" my new installation of Win8.1, I don't want to install it anymore  Smiley Sad

However I think the post on ideastorm is useless, forgive me. If we could send an official letter to Dell to request an experience at least decent on Win8?

I will always remember that Win8 was released a year later that XPS 15z was put on the market, not five years after! Schocking!

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
6 Indium

RE: [22 weeks ago] Cypress confirmed Dell has an updated touchpad driver for the 15z...

It should be the XPS L511z. The Windows 8.1 driver is newer so may fix the issues the 8.0 driver had.

If the driver gives problems you can always uninstall it from the device manager which will restore the native Windows driver.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
Josh111
2 Iron

Ok, I've tried to install the L322x Cypress driver. The installation process seems to be successful until it asks to restart the system. When the restart is complete and the system is on, there is no trace of the newly driver!

Synthesis: I'm not able to install this driver.

And you?

0 Kudos