Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 1st, 2012 04:00

3450 with radeon 6630m + windows 8????

Anyone have the Vostro 3450 with radeon 6630m + windows 8????

I had issues when was using the notebook with windows 8, (only to games)

When i was playing, in few minutes the game crashs and exit, returning a message with error on Direct x.

You can usually use the switchable graphics, both for applications and for games??????

1.8K Posts

November 1st, 2012 05:00

Hi Henrique,

Could you please let me know the error that you get on screen while playing any game.

Also, you can check the if the game is compatible with Windows 8.

You can update the video drivers of your computer from the link: http://dell.to/Ru4ADe

Steps to download drivers:-

• Click 'Download file' to download the list to a folder you will designate.
  • Click 'Save'. Then designate the folder you would like to save the files to.
  • Once you have designated the folder you would like to save your files to, Click 'OK'.
  • Selected downloads will automatically start downloading. Next is Installation.
  • To start installation, Click Open folder. Right-click a downloaded file and select the option to ‘Run as administrator’.
  • A small window will appear with 'Continue' and 'Exit' buttons, click 'Continue'.
  • In the Select the folder where you want to unzip the files to window, click OK.
  • If a message appears asking to create a folder, click 'Yes'. If a message appears asking to overwrite the folder, click 'Yes to All'.
  • In the All files were successfully unzipped window, click OK.
  • A new window will appear, follow the prompts that appear to finish the installation.
  • Restart your computer.

If the issue still persists, update the system BIOS. 

Note: Before flashing the BIOS please check the following:-

• Battery should have 10% or greater charge
  • Adapter should be connected
  • No external devices should be connected.
  • All other programs should be closed and documents saved

Link to download BIOS:  http://dell.to/RuV2EM

Please reply in case you have further questions.

22 Posts

I have Vostro 3450 with 6630m + windows 8

I don't really play a lot so i didn't get the direct x problem BUT I can't use switchable graphics ( dynamic mode ), see the post here en.community.dell.com/.../19473585.aspx

Do you have this too ?

If yes, damn, Dell, you did pretty bad job, i'm disapointed, I only have this laptop since 1 year and I have much trouble with it

22 Posts

Bios is updated, every drivers for windows 8 are installed included new driver for AMD, when I try to chose configure switchable graphics for applications, no screen open. Did a fresh install.

November 1st, 2012 06:00

Same thing here!!!  Floxigen

now i back to windows 7 and installed drivers for 7 and work very well!

22 Posts

November 1st, 2012 08:00

So issue is driver related . 7650 users doesn't have problem so pleasemake a proper driver

1.8K Posts

November 3rd, 2012 06:00

Hi Henrique,

Please let me know in case you need any further assistance. We will be more than happy to assist you. 

7 Posts

November 11th, 2012 07:00

I've Vostro 3450 with 6630m graphics and failed to install win8 successfully together with available drivers... until new drivers are published I will not try again to switch to win8

November 12th, 2012 01:00

I went back to windows 7, drivers will wait for more stable

No Events found!