Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 24th, 2013 03:00

5 weeks waiting for DELL to repair my laptop

It's been five weeks (18/11) that I'm waiting for Dell to repair my laptop. I live in Brazil but I bought it in the US and until I had a problem (that the online diagnostic was unable to find) I wasn't aware that I had to digitally transfere my US laptop to Brazil to be able to receive any support.

At first I was told that the transfer should take 20 days at most and after 20 days I was told that the information was incorrect and it normally takes up to 30 days. I'm waiting for 36 days now and they tell me to call back 1/2/2014 or 2/2/2014. Which means that I'll have to wait another 10 days until they consider replacing the damaged hardware and don't know how much they'll take to replace it. This means that I'm not able to work correctly as I rely on my computer to do so. If you look at the following link you'll see that the international transfer should take up to 15 days no more: http://www.dell.com/support/retail/us/en/04/ownershiptransfer/.

My father's computer is having a software or hardware problem that the online diagnostic also can't find. Maybe the beginning of a long wait.

Anyways, I'll surely not consider buying another DELL and even less recommend it.

For information purposes I own a Inspiron 14z with Windows 8 for year now (my warranty just finished, coincidence?)

Pierre Niau

No Responses!
No Events found!