Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

NG

October 10th, 2016 14:00

6 month old Dell Inspiron 7559 chassis coming apart from left side

My 6 month old Dell Inspiron 7559 has starting coming apart from around the left side hinge. The keyboard plate is being separated from the bottom chassis and can see inside. Dell support say its damage or wear and tear. Really!. The laptop has been at home and not moved beyond 5 feet for the last 6 months. There is NO damage and even a microscopic inspection will not reveal any damage. Wonder how UK support brushed me off even after sending photos and saying not covered by warranty. Had been a Dell customer for last 12 years and this is my 4th Dell and definitely the last one. Cannot stand a company like this

1 Attachment

November 30th, 2016 11:00

Obviously this is a design defect with Inspiron 7559. I only got it fixed for free after tweeting the photo and issue at @DellCares twitter handle. The UK phone support was rubbish but the @DellCares twitter team was excellent. They offered to inspect and repair for free if it is not due to damage. Obviously it was not due to damage and was repaired for free.

Check this link and scroll down for the post

https://twitter.com/search?q=%40dellcares%20inspiron%207559&src=typd&lang=en

3 Posts

I'm putting in a work order now for it. I'm in the US, we'll see how this goes. I'm glad I found your post. Thanks!!

3 Posts

Mine started doing the exact same thing today.. In the same exact area

1 Message

December 4th, 2016 20:00

I also have a 7559 doing the same thing. Mine is 4 months old and carefully handled; never dropped. But the support guys kept repeating "accidental damage, not covered, we can fix for $160.00." No way!! I took a peek inside, since I am trained in PC repair, and found the threaded inserts for the left hinge pulled out of the cheap plastic chassis. Now the chassis is ruined. This is a new laptop that has never been dropped! There is obviously a flaw in the design. I just tweeted photos of all of the damage on the @Dellcares page. Loyal Dell customer for at least 12 years with 7 computers purchased, and I have steered a lot of new customers to Dell for their computer needs. This will be my last of they leave it like this. I cannot support a company that refuses to take care of loyal customers like this. Very unfortunate.

December 5th, 2016 14:00

can you also post the photos on this page. Mine one was fixed due to DellCares but if the design issue exists then its going to reoccur after few months again

44 Posts

December 6th, 2016 10:00

I'm in the US and had to the route of filing a BBB report to get Dell to repair my laptop. One of the wires on my wifi card came off and wouldn't go back on. Everyone from Dell I chatted with from "DellCares" told me it was wear/tear and that I must have abused my laptop. The person who got my case after it was escalated due to the BBB report said that he read that I needed my laptop repaired due to me abusing my laptop. I told him no that's what he and everyone else at the company he's employed by has told me.

He sent me a box and scheduled a pickup so it went to the depot to be repaired. I figured this might be the last time I'll be able to get them to repair anything for me so I made a numbered list on a piece of notebook paper detailing every issue I was having. This issue with the left side included. I also mentioned  my screen issues because I got the LG yellow tinted one and it was getting dimmer. I noticed how dim when I had to go back to my Inspiron 17R 5720 to get online. I also mentioned a couple other things.

They made a "one time exception" repair that would have wanted to charge me $260.00 for.

When I got my laptop back the wifi, and left side issue had been repaired. They also replaced my screen with a Samsung one which doesn't have the yellow tint and actually gets bright.

I was in shock at how bad Dell's "tech support" has gotten. I had tried to get them to fix a couple minor issues earlier this year and that was the first time I got told those issues were wear, tear and abuse.

I allowed the BBB case to be closed and sent the guy at Dell a note saying I did so. He sent a reply saying " we provided a one time exception in getting a End user damaged issue resolved for free. However if there is any damage cause due to manhandling the unit there will be a charge going forward."

So now it's not just abuse but now I'm being told I also manhandled my laptop.

The nerve they have telling us we cause all the issues that are caused by their poor construction methods peeves me off so much. When I had issues with my 17R 5720 I wasn't treated like this at all...ever... So having all of this go on just a few years later has cemented my decision that this will be my last dell unless I get some super slick deal that includes a warranty with premium support and accidental damage service.

The left side and right front side squeaking is back after just 2 weeks though. If you press on those areas the plastic gives and makes a squeaky sounding noise.

January 3rd, 2018 08:00

Same problem here, only on the right corner.

Mine is 1 year old but i've never dropped it or mishandled it.

I've seen other posts about the issue and discovered that the warranty does not cover the problem (mine is already expired anyway)... Dell just blame the fact that the users open the laptop by grabbing the corner of the screen, stressing the hinge on the opposite side, but this isn't my case as i usually just grab it in the area of the webcam: the chassis is simply weak and of poor quality.

I don't think i'll buy or reccomend any Dell product from now on if a major and known problem as this is just adressed as "it's the users fault" and is not even covered by the warranty even on brand new machines.

No Events found!