Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 22nd, 2013 19:00

7 beep code inspiron M5010

My Inspiron 5010 is giving the  7 beep code. By the look of things (posts on here and other web sites) this is a more common failure than you at Dell care to admit (it seams the inspiron M50## is affected). Being as you knew of this problem (some laptops failing after only 6mth) and continued to to sell your product, this renders the product being SOLD UNFIT FOR PURPOSE . 

CAN YOU ADDRESS THIS ISSUE.

If not then my next steps will be contacting TRADING STANDARDS / OFFICE OF FARE TRADING / DEPARTMENT of TRADE and INDUSTRY, this will be followed up by contacting the press. 

Yours Faithfuly

Very Disgruntled Customer

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 22nd, 2013 20:00

Hi Daz Macca,

Welcome to the community

This requires a replacement for hardware. Let me try to help. Please send a private by adding me as a friend. And send me the service tag of PC. I will be checking what's best can be done.

Thank you.

April 22nd, 2013 20:00

Contact Dell support - That seems to be a problem with the Processor

April 24th, 2013 03:00

I have found so many complaints on here and other sites (too many to count) it appears to be a very common FAULT that DELL seam to be ignoring, maybe to avoid a recall. I think its disgusting that a company of this size has been selling its product with a KNOWN fault doing NOTHING to rectify this prior to failure and keeping quiet about it.

1 Message

April 24th, 2013 03:00

I am having the same problem, mine started when my laptop was 1.5 years old. I waited a few months to repair it (the motherboard) and after just 2 months, the beeping has returned. I am also hoping there is something being done about this problem. If I repair it again, I could have just bought a new laptop. 

April 24th, 2013 04:00

may i take this importunity to thank  DELL Elijah O  for his help in getting this fault resolved.

April 24th, 2013 15:00

I am having the same problem with my laptop.

April 24th, 2013 17:00

In an earlier post in this thread, you thanked them for resolving the problem? So did they repair or replace your computer free of charge? Since this problem is widespread, thats what Dell should be doing. So far they have done nothing to help me, except tell me to take the entire laptop apart and reset the CMOS battery. I've read hundreds of posts by others experiencing the same problem. Dell should be repairing and fixing these laptops free of charge regardless of warranty status as this problem is widespread. I am telling everyone I know not to buy Dell products because they obviously do not stand by what they sell.

April 24th, 2013 17:00

this appears to be a wide spread hardware problem that DELL is ignoring to prevent a recall. will the heat generated in some cases build to a fire safety issue.

April 24th, 2013 19:00

they say they will do it as a one off/ good will gesture but if they replace components with the same stock item then the fail will happen again as the problem is with the component.....One good thing about UK is its Consumer Rights / Protection. My 5010 is 1.5 yr old so outside DELLS 12mth ticket, how ever under the SALE OF GOODS ACT the product has been sold NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE (the product has not lasted a reasonable time, normaly up to 5 yrs for laptops/PCs) also being as this product was sold with a known component fail rate it may also breach other acts covered by: TRADING STANDARDS / OFFICE OF FARE TRADING and DEPARTMENT OF TRADE AND INDUSTRY rendering repair as if warrantied. Further to this if any repair costs are levied by DELL or they refuse to repair it and you get it repaired by a shop these costs can be claimed back in the small claims court.

1 Message

July 24th, 2013 08:00

Hello

my service tab : <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

I HAVE 7 BEEPS WHEN I TURN ON MY LAPTOP, BLACK SCREEN ,NO POST, PLEASE HELP

No Events found!