Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 30th, 2011 20:00

7 beeps Dell Vostro 3550 won't power up.

Was wondering if there's anything I can do to get my laptop working again? It suddenly cut out without warning and when I try to restart the lights come on but doesn't boot instead there's a sequence of 7 beeping noises a pause then another 7 beeps etc... I've been looking for a fix and 1 suggestion was to remove the CMOS battery but I can't find where it's located and the manuals don't either. I tried powering on and off without the battery and took out and replaced RAM to no avail, any help would be much appreciated!

3.8K Posts

August 31st, 2011 06:00

Hi Noonster,

Welcome to the Community If your getting 7 beep codes means a CPU-cache test failure, its a processor failure. I suggest you call Dell technical support in your region for a processor replacement.

Thank you

Royan

5 Posts

August 31st, 2011 08:00

Thanks for the reply Rogan, I phoned Dell and they said there gonna send a technician out tomorrow to replace the motherboard!

9 Posts

August 31st, 2011 13:00

this happended to my brand new laptop alienware on the day i received it. I had to sent it back to depot repair. They hold my laptop there over a month already. Plus one month i waited for order deliveried before. This is the worst bussiness i have ever made. Good luck Noonster

5 Posts

August 31st, 2011 19:00

Sorry to hear that Taydoc I'm hopeing that your case is a one off and that the technician can fix it tomorrow. I'll keep you posted!

5 Posts

September 1st, 2011 09:00

Dell technician came round today as promised and replaced the motherboard and processor and I'm happy to say everything is working again, I'm very happy with the service and speed at which this was resolved. Will definatetly buy from Dell in the future.

9 Posts

September 1st, 2011 11:00

good for you. they should done the same that to me

1 Message

April 3rd, 2012 01:00

Sorry friend because am also experiencing the same problem here on two Vostro 1540 Laptops but 7beeps means you should replace the processor you can also see http://www.retrevo.com/support/Dell-1540-Laptops-manual/id/24019ci767/t/2/ by downloading that info for dell vostro 1540. You will find BEEPS on page 77 this will confirm you that it's  a processor failure.

Best regards, 

Kmiiro

2 Posts

December 31st, 2012 11:00

hello I'm not with this: Dell Vostro 3450 Intel Core (New!) here on that bench when you turn it emits 8 beeps shows no image on the screen. but when and connected it to a monitor image on the screen freezes dell and send press f1 and f12 but when tightening the keypad will not like that the keyboard is locked.
tests:
* already swapped with new ones memory / hd pracessador is also working on the other.
* I've done testing on bga ME.
* ressoldei the bios / checked to see if it had any cold solder plate over nothing strange.
which can be?
I'm suspicious that it is the bios this board has two more similar Winbond chips 25x40bvsig is close to the memories of the other side of the plate and the other 25Q32BVSIG THAT IS NEAR BGA ALSO ACROSS THE BOARD ....

373 Posts

December 31st, 2012 21:00

The problem is flat cable on LCD. Remove it and try to turn on on Monitor

No Events found!