Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

AU

December 14th, 2016 14:00

7348 Inspiron 2-1 screen cracked - Why isn't this getting resolved by Dell?

Trying to get help on a cracked screen...

...very irritated that NO ONE has had any resolutions posted

...customer service through Dell is a joke as they try to make it sound like it was your fault so they don't have to repair the issue

...customers are opening NEW laptops they order only to find the screen cracked without any use

...bumpers are being sold on Amazon because of this issue which tells me there is a BIG issue that needs to be taken care of that Dell is not standing by their products

...the number of people in the forum who have complained about this issue who have only closed their laptop without product miscare only to open it and find a crack across the screen is amazing and NONE of them are getting resolutions

...resolutions anyone?  They are needed or there needs to be some sort of action taken to resolve the issue.  The computers are not cheap in price and most of us cannot just pull out the money to buy a new one after just owning the one for a few months only to have this issue.

...frustrated and mad...never buying Dell again and they will receive free advertising by most who are having the same issue

...hello?

184 Posts

December 15th, 2016 07:00

Hi FanatickCall,

Greetings,

We're listening. I apologize for any inconvenience caused, I would like to let you know that we do not have any known issues with the LCD on this model. I request you to share the pictures of the broken/cracked screen, system service tag, registered owner's name and email via private message so that I can review the system details and assist you further with best resolution possible within Dell support boundaries.

You could send a private message by hovering the mouse pointer over my username, and adding me as a friend.

December 16th, 2016 22:00

I sent you a PM yesterday.  Did you receive it?

December 17th, 2016 15:00

I have PMed Dell-Monan G a couple of times with no confirmation that says I did so or that they have received a message.  I sent what was asked and doubt I will get any traction. I would be very happy if I did but the frustration level that I find all over the net about Dell's lack of backing their products leads me to believe that we will just get lost in the shuffle like everyone else I have spoken to online. Frustrating!

184 Posts

December 19th, 2016 01:00

Hi FanatickCall,
We have received your private message, however partially. Hence I request you to share the pictures of the broken screen along with the service tag of the system via private message.

December 19th, 2016 14:00

I have already sent them with the other information requested via PM. Dec 15th.

184 Posts

December 20th, 2016 06:00

Hi FanatickCall,
Thank you for your reply. We haven't received the service tag of the system, and the pictures that you have shared with us seems to be broken. Hence I request you to ensure that you share the pictures in JPEG format so that we could review the details and assist you further.

No Events found!