Re: 8 Beeps on start-up

Jump to solution

Hi chabze,

I understand that it must have been inconvenient for you to not have the computer up and running. I appreciate the efforts and time that you have spent to fix this issue. You mentioned that the BIOS is accessible on an external monitor. Hence, the primary issue seems to be with the LCD screen. 
I will try to help you in the best possible way for which I am sending you a friend request via private message; please accept it , send me the Service Tag and the account information through private message. I will check the warranty status, system configuration and review the account history. Please do not share the Service tag in the open forum.

Also, where were the parts replaced from; Dell or local technician?

Please reply with the information.

Thanks and Regards,
Manpreet C
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Judy,

Glad that the issue is resolved. 

Please keep me posted in case you need further help.

Thanks and regards,
DELL-Chinmay S
#IWork4Dell 
To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go here

0 Kudos
akifziakhan
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am also having the same problem.8 beeps at the startup n then the white screen.This problem is intermittent but its driving me crazy.As on many occasions when u r in the dire need of ur laptop it leaves u alone.So kindly help me to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Please reply with the information.

Thanks and regards,
DELL-Chinmay S
#IWork4Dell 
To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go here

0 Kudos
judy9151
1 Copper

Jump to solution

It was my mother board. Took forever for Dell to finally admit or really find out what the problem was. I found the answer here and "suggested" that may be the problem. It took almost a month of phoning and holding B4 tech was sent to replace motherboard. Good luck.

salonigulati
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am also having this 8 beep problem and the dell service center has already taken rs 1400 from me for servicing and now they are saying you have to take some warranty package worth Rs16500 which makes a total of 18000 approx which is equivalent to the price of a low config new laptop. i am unable to understand what should i do. should i spend so much or not. My laptop is dell inspiron n5010. 

Himansu Bhusan
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hey here i'm having the same issue.

my laptop running smoothly but sometimes during running the screen turns black and upon restating it gives me 8 beep codes. Its my inspron n5010 laptop .brought on aug 2010.

then after sometime again on restarting its just normal.can anybody help me with this issue.am i going to face any serious issues. plz plz reply soon.

0 Kudos
trfac
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi,

Its similar situation for me as well, I have n5010, bought it in August 2010, warranty expired...

Recently I had frequent issues with video drivers (stops responding, screen goes black and had to restart or it successfully recovers the drivers... on win7 and win8), overheating (at least a monitoring tool would report that graphic card temp was too high most of the time), sometimes I had this 8 beeps problem, after restart it would go away.

But now its completely off, I dont have anything on display, 8 beeps are constant, when I connect it to external display, image is a bit distorted but I can see system booting up and Windows loading....

What could it be? A display failure as the beep code indicates (and the situation), graphic card, or could it be that a bad display cable could cause the beeps?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Luis Manuel
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi, I have the same problem with my xps 14z. I tried both the LCD test and the preboot system. Nothing happens. The screen keeps with a dark bright but nothing is launched. It is amazing that it happens to me when my warranty has just expired by the end of january. So any other idea I could try?

Thanks a lot.

Luis  

0 Kudos
chabze
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Luis

I wouldn't count on it normaly / apparently it's either down to a new LCD ribbon or LCD itself and can also be the gpu. I have changed every component in mine including the motherboard and still I get 8 beeps. So mine has sat on the side for 8 months plus now looking new but still faulty. And dell   Have done nothing to help. Mine was two weeks out of warranty when it happened too. I have spent a fortune on it and dell products in the past. I'm very reluctant to do it again.

Hope it works out for you and good luck.

Kind regards

Simon

0 Kudos