Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

13 Posts

April 13th, 2004 13:00

9100 power management

I am having fits with my 9100.  First, the battery life seems very poor.  I don't know how to benchmark this except ask other 9100 users what they are seeing,  but I never see the battery report more than 1 1/2 hours of life. 

Second, every time the batter gets down to 35-40 minutes of remaining time... the machine just turns off.  SHUTS down.  No warning, no hibernation options... just turns off.  I continue to tweak and inspect the settings on my power management... but I cannot get this machine to behave properly when the battery is running down.  And why just turn off at 35 minutes left? 

Help?

34 Posts

April 22nd, 2004 11:00

Are you using Dell quickset to tweek your settings, it works well for me.  Actually its called Quick Set Power Wizaed.  That should solve some problems.  As with the battery life.  Well I guess with this system I am lucky to get 2 hours out of a battery.  I however have two, so that helps.  I to would like to know what people battery life is like

Cheers

May 10th, 2004 12:00

I am having the same problem, with the exception that the system sometimes WILL NOT REBOOT under these circumstances! Deleting the hiberfil.sys seems to solve the problem, but that's only the quick fix, not the solution.

I wonder whether it has to do with my setting the display brightness to "Level 6" instead of 3 when running from the battery.

Anyone?

No Events found!