Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2012 14:00

A nightmare start with arrival of new Dell M6600

I purchased a M6600 with possiblebell and whistles.  I arrive with defective touch screen after a couple of days back and fourth panel was indentified and replaced.

I purchase most possible high end laptop so I do not get trouble at later stages, but this laptop become trouble at arrival itself.

I suppose to get good support from dell earlier that is why I tought to purchase this laptop but this time it is nightmare.

One problem I reported couple to time sales and technical representatives but no one has resolved yet and worried to solve. I purchased this laptop with five years warranty but I can not submit email support. Every time I try to submit support request I get "Your product is out of warranty".

2nd problem is latop every 2-4 days freezes or crashes or rebooted automatically. I reported this issue to Dell technical chat support representative. I have been suggested to run bios diagnosis but nothing appeared, then I was asked to update bios software. I did that then I need to wait for 3-4 days to see if problem appears again.  I got an email from technical support regarding following on the issue. After couple days I responded to email I am still getting same issue. But no response back.

I also send Out of warrant issue screen shot through email but no response.

This is how I am getting support on the issue one the most trouble free and expensive laptop.

I am very much available through email or phone.

If any one can help me with with pointer on these issues , I will really appreciate.

Thanks

2 Posts

July 31st, 2012 15:00

I had talk with Dell technical support representative. Support representative told me not put laptop in sleep mode for more then 4-5 hours other wise there will be problem.  He told me laptops are designed for putting in sleep mode for more then couple of hours.

If I am not using laptop for more then 4 to 5 hours then I should shutdown laptop. This make buying worth less because shutdown to reboot and restoring all running application and work will take me 30 minutes and so many things I may not remember to get back like reading various references during the various processes.

I do not think this the solution and right suggestion. I have been using M4300 last 5 years and putting laptop in sleep mode every day and resuming again next day so on. Previously I have been using Acer laptop for 3 years and same I was doing. Now with most advance laptop and more expensive laptop I can not do what I was doing 8 years back. I do not think dell is realling willing to solve the issue.

This laptop seems have manufacturing defact or a defaulty laptop has been given.

No Events found!