dorin.ionescu
1 Copper

RE: AC Adapter - Alert - "AC power adapter wattage and type cannot be determined"

Jump to solution

1. I have 2 dell computers with identical adapters - the same message "Alert ! The AC power adapter wattage and type cannot be determined. The battery may not charge....."

I also have a huge external power supply with 153 Wh. The same message

I have a car adapter - The same message

All 3 worked for one year until something crashed inside 

I bought another battery and the same message.

I can feel that the jack does not stay in position as one year ago. Now I know why Apple has a magnet at the jack. This jacks should be changed to something smarter .

For a while I had the impression of some imperfect contact and for a while I worked with one hand pushing the jack 

2. This new software thing that was implemented for power management can crush the HD or other things with moving parts because we are using the laptops with 0 or 1% battery for too long. Any cable movements stops everything (! there are a lot of cache writing operation that can kill file system if the directories are updated during complete power off- at least stop Windows indexing system while on this issue !!!) 

- Workaround - Why we can not deactivate this option, of not charging the battery, from BIOS (implicit as Dell wants and explicit as system needs after this issue or similar) ?

3. Yes the performance is down. Somehow the system is doing something else (even it is an I7 with 16Gb, even after so many restarts) and you can not get life responses from Plain text editors !!! 

0 Kudos
bhalaygilani
1 Copper

RE: AC Adapter - Alert - "AC power adapter wattage and type cannot be determined"

Jump to solution

The AC Power Adapter Wattage and Type Cannot be determined

Visit this link here is 100% working solution

bhalaygilani.blogspot.com/.../the-ac-power-adapter-wattage-and-type.html

Sadaham
1 Copper

Jump to solution

what is the good answer for this problem?

0 Kudos
deepamar
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Sir please help, I have the same messege(Alert! the Ac power adapter...)  shown , when I turn on laptop, while charging, and below the option (continue , BIOS setup, diagonastics) are there , I don't know about the BIOS setup, and when I continue then there is no battery changing,(the bettery icon shows messege(plugged in, not charging) siri I buy an assembled dell laptop please help, my gmail id is  <Email id removed>, phone no <Phone number removed>..

Please help

0 Kudos