Highlighted
kademat
Copper

AC power adapter problem in dell inspiron n5110 - screen inside

Hi,

I have a problem with my Dell inspiron n5110 laptop. After turning it on I have a message like below:

All parts in my laptop are original (from Dell). I think that could be a problem with power adapter or with battery. 

My battery:

What should I do with it? Change AC power adapter? Update BIOS/change BIOS settings?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
kademat
Copper

Dell inspiron n5110 - AC power adapter wattage problem - screen inside

I can add that my laptop is not under warranty, but battery as all other parts, is original

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
Diamond

RE: AC power adapter problem in dell inspiron n5110 - screen inside

What should I do with it? Change AC power adapter? Update BIOS/change BIOS settings?

You need a new Dell AC adapter. You can order a replacement in the link below - Technical or Customer):

www.dell.com/.../Contact-Information

Hopefully one of the Dell reps see this thread and give you a quote on a new adapter

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
Diamond

How to resolve Battery and AC adapter issues on my Dell computer?

www.dell.com/.../EN

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
Diamond

0 Kudos

Hi KADEMAT,

Are you using the original Dell adapter? When you plug in the adapter to the system, does the adapter stay firm or does it fall off easily? Is the adapter frayed? Is there any damage on the system? Could you check this adapter on another system if possible?

If possible, update the BIOS - http://dell.to/1rBXwqc- restart and check if it works.

Restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - check the adapter status in BIOS with and without the adapter plugged in. Also, wiggle the adapter cable at the end and see if the status changes in BIOS at any point. Check the battery health in BIOS (if applicable).

If the adapter is frayed or does not work on another machine, then the adapter is faulty and needs to be replaced.

If the adapter is fine, but falls off the system easily when connected, then the dc port is faulty. In the worst case scenario, the motherboard might be faulty.

My suggestion is, if there is no warranty and if you do not have another adapter to test with, then take the system to a local store and ask them to check with a Dell OEM adapter. Based on that, you could replace the corresponding part.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

Write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

Thanks and Regards,
DELL-Rishi
Social Media and Communities Professional
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos