Omri.Levy
1 Nickel

AMD Radeon HD 8730m disabled on DELL Ispiron 5521

Lately I have been noticing that my laptop has started slowing down so I decided to use the recovery option in the settings app on Windows 10 to reinstall Windows 10 and hopefully have a better experience overall. After I have finished the process, I installed the AMD driver (crimson edition) to make sure things will work properly, but when I opened the driver software, under the display section I have a message saying "No displays are currently connected to AMD products" and under the system section there are 3 labels on the top, overview, software and hardware. Next to hardware the following is written "AMD Radeon (TM) HD 8500M/8700M (Disabled)". I tried the GPU and GPU stress tests on the Dell website and on both of them the score was lower than expected. I opened the DirectX Diagnostics Toll (DXDIAG) and I had Display 1 and Display 2, 1 being the Intel HD graphics and 2 being the AMD one. When I opened the Device Manager, under Display Adapter I can see both the Intel HD graphics and the AMD card and everything seems fine. I tried to compare my benchmarks in games (League of Legends, Battlefield 4, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor) to what other people got with this card yet my results were lower. Anything I can do? Maybe I didn't install it properly? If so what should I do? Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
9 Rhodium

RE: AMD Radeon HD 8730m disabled on DELL Ispiron 5521

The question is, was the AMD GPU working after the recovery but BEFORE you attempted to install the driver you installed?

Bear in mind there is indeed no display directly attached to the AMD GPU on this system - the display is connected ONLY to the Intel GPU, which funnels ALL video data, even if processed through the AMD GPU, through to the display panel.

0 Kudos
Omri.Levy
1 Nickel

The AMD graphics card wasn't working before the recovery nor did it after the recovery. I made sure I had all of the drivers but still, my FPS is lower than expected. Even a game like League of Legends can't run on low on more than 40 FPS.

0 Kudos
zaher777
1 Copper

For me the same anybody can help us ! please ??

0 Kudos