Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 29th, 2014 05:00

AMD Radeon Xpress 1100 Graphics Card For Inspiron 1501

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop, which I purchased directly from Dell in May, 2007. After re-loading the Windows 7 Home Premium operating system recently, I discovered that the AMD Radeon Xpress 1100 graphics card/ chipset/video driver is no longer available for download using the AMD Driver Auto-Detect application. Instead, it now offers a totally different chip set/graphics card/video driver which does not include screen savers, the ability to choose various colors for the toolbar, nor Aero Glass. The old AMD Radeon Xpress 1100 chipset did offer all of these features. I had originally upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 Home Premium a couple of years ago. Does anyone know where and how I can obtain and download the 'old' AMD Radeon Xpress 1100 video graphics card/chipset/video driver? This is the graphics card/chip set/video driver that was auto-detected, downloaded and installed after I had upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 Home Premium back in 2010.    

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

August 29th, 2014 07:00

Windows 7 is not supported on your model. You can get the express 1150 version HERE. It is for Vista 32 bits version, but that is the latest available. Don't use Auto detect since you have windows 7. You can try this--let Windows install the proper driver by opening Device Manager, Display Adapter, Update Driver. It will probably tell you that you already have the best driver. You must stay with Dell's display driver since it is customized by Dell for your model. Installing a diff video driver will cause problems. Aero is probably not supported. You should be replacing the 7 yr old model soon.

No Events found!