Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

M

November 30th, 2007 23:00

Admin Password

I have this Dell Latitude D510 computer that I purcgased used and I'm trying to install a disk on my lattop and it's telling me I need the Admin Password. I don't have this and I don't know what to do, I trying calling the person I got it from and he has moved sice the purchase. Please help.

4.8K Posts

December 1st, 2007 00:00

mikehandy31,

If the password that you needed was a BIOS password, you would not be able to use the computer at all.  It seems more likely that you need to log into the Windows Administrtor account.  To log into the Windows Administrator account, (not Admin), enter the username of Administrator and leave the password blank.  This is commonly the default password for the Administrator account. 

If that does not get you into the Administrator account, there are utilities available on the web which will let you change the administrator password on your computer.  They can often be downloaded to a floppy disk or you can make a bootable CD with one of these password reset utilities on it.  You can search on sites such as www.download.com or www.majorgeeks.com to locate one of these utilities.

Steve

Message Edited by BigBrother on 11-30-2007 08:48 PM

2.7K Posts

December 1st, 2007 00:00

You need to go back to your first post and read what is there you have not said if it is
a bios password or a windows password !
Posting your questions on other forums is not going to help you stick with the first post a follow up on it !
Again is it a bios or windows password ???

April 18th, 2017 21:00

I do

April 18th, 2017 21:00

the password is trs80 for win 8 and for win 10 trs10

No Events found!