Highlighted
2 Bronze

Administrator password lost Dell 17R7720

Have a Dell 17R7720 that has a administrator password  that gives a series of numbers as a password hint. Don't know what the password is, any help here would be appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
10 Diamond

RE: Administrator password lost Dell 17R7720

You will need to call (by voice) Dell with that code and verify your ownership of the system.  They'll then generate an unlock code for the system.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Ok I did that , they first told me I had to pay $89.00 for their tech support and also purchase a USB key because they needed to have original software on it before they could generate the key.I paid the total of $108.00 by CC , they sent the USB , I then called them to tell them I had the USB and they had me run a battery of test which shows no issues on the system.They then gave me a code which did not work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Do I need to swap out motherboard to correct this issue, hope not ,if so the computer does not seem worth all this trouble when Dell should be able to support it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Ok so just got off the phone with Dell and was told once again that the only thing that they could do is replace the motherboard. Ridiculous answer , this makes no sense ,they want $260 or so to do this,.

0 Kudos