Highlighted
Skyline1088
Copper

After motherboard replacement my touchpad doesnt click and doesnt register that im pressing the touchpad down.

Model: Dell XPS 15 9530.

After a recent motherboard replacement my touchpad doesnt click (as in you cant physically press the buttons) and doesnt register that im pressing the touchpad down. I was wondering whether this is an easy fix or a common issue. Posting from New Zealand but the support over here is pretty attrocious and havent received an email reply for a few days so thought id see if anyone else had similar issues. Was done by a professional so I am wondering why it doesnt work and maybe if he just didnt screw some stuff back up right.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: After motherboard replacement my touchpad doesnt click and doesnt register that im pressing the touchpad down.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

We would suggest you to first uninstall the touch pad driver and then restart the system install the latest drivers from the Dell site .

Use the link for the latest drivers :www.dell.com/.../diagnose

Once the drivers are update check if works fine.

Kindly private message the service tag and email address.

Thanks

Robin

DELL-Robin D
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Skyline1088
Copper

RE: After motherboard replacement my touchpad doesnt click and doesnt register that im pressing the touchpad down.

For some reason I cant figure out how to private message (trying to start a new private message doesnt flag you as a recipient) however I have done the above steps but the touchpad buttons till dont click and let me right click.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply .

Kindly add me to your list and you will be able to private message me .

Thanks

Robin

DELL-Robin D
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos