Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 17th, 2011 20:00

After system restore, I need product key for Dell installed Microsoft Office

I had to do a system restore on my Inspiron E1705. Now my Microsoft Office 2003 software will not work until I enter the product key. It was installed by Dell at the factory. Dell did not ship any cds with this laptop, so I do not have the sticker. I had to call Microsoft after I after receiving this from Dell to get a product key, but that will not work now. Microsoft told me that product key was for a manufacturer mass install and will no longer work. I haven't attempted to contact Dell yet, but since my laptop is out of warranty I'm not sure they would help anyway. Any help getting this would be greatly appreciated.  

2.2K Posts

July 17th, 2011 23:00

Unfortunately, I have to agree with your assessment that Dell will not be able to provide you with the product key.

I don't think you have options short of buying a new copy of MS Office.

Open Office (it is free) is another alternative.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

July 18th, 2011 03:00

What did you do?

• System restore?

• Dell Factory restore?

If its a system restore, can you undo it and go back to a time when Microsoft Office did work? (Undo the restore point).

If you can, then you can use Belarc Advisor to give you a print out of your system details (includng Windows and Office Keys) wich you can print out using the likes of CutePDF Writer and keep saved for future reference.

If its a Dell factory restore, you may not be so lucky but I would try Belarc Advisor just in case there is a small chance you can get the key.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

July 18th, 2011 08:00

Office 2010 for home and student is $149.  Thats whats available now.

1 Message

July 18th, 2011 08:00

Activate by phone, may get lucky!!!

No Events found!