Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2014 22:00

Airplane mode button not working. Any help, please? First time dell user.

Hi, 

I am have recently bought a dell inspiron 15 7000 series laptop. Its only been a month that I have been using it. Everything was fine but my airplane mode button (the button beside F12 and PrtScr which are working fine) stopped working. Any help? Every other buttons on the button row is fully functional so I fear its not a keyboard matrix problem?  

Please help me. 

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 7th, 2014 01:00

Hi skiphello,

I would suggest you to reinstall the wireless card and Quickset driver on the system for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS and then download the wireless card driver from Network section and then download the Dell Quickset application from Application section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps.

4 Posts

January 7th, 2014 11:00

okay which wireless card drive from network section should I should choose? There is 3 for windows 8.1 1) Intel Centrino Wireless-N 7260 AGN/AC/BGN Driver 2)Intel Centrino Wireless-N 7260 Bluetooth Adapter Driver 3)Realtek RTL8411B-US Ethernet Controller Driver      which one?                                                   

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 9th, 2014 13:00

Hi skiphello,

The first link is is a wireless card driver. Second link is bluetooth driver for the wireless card and third link is ethernet card driver. Please use the first and second link to reinstall the drivers.

4 Posts

January 11th, 2014 15:00

Thank you! Another question, I was wondering  what type of Sytlus works with dell Inspirion 15 7000 series touchscreen?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 14th, 2014 07:00

Hi skiphello,

There is no Stylus available for Dell Inspiron 15 7000 model. It comes with a optional touch screen.

4 Posts

February 17th, 2014 22:00

Wait my laptop is touch screen but you are trying to say that it does not have any stylus support? It only has finger print support?

1 Message

May 4th, 2014 11:00

hello sir

i am also having same problem with same dell 7537 model 

i update both drivers Bluetooth and wireless but still airplane button is not working since i have update my window to 8.1

is there any other method i should do ??

2 Posts

May 30th, 2014 02:00

Hi,

I assume you tried using the airplane mode toggle on your connection options? I had the reverse problem in that I couldn't get the connection option toggle to work. It seems that you have to turn airplane mode off whichever way you turn it on, ie either using the keyboard or the connection option toggle switch.  Hope this works for you.

Geri

1 Message

July 4th, 2014 06:00

Hi,

Yesterday i purchased vostro 14 3446 with Ubuntu and install win 8.1 everything working fine but my laptop in airplane mode and wifi not working. I call Dell support 2 time and 2nd call above 1 hr but no solution found  till now. I already installed all drivers but airplane mode not off till now.

Plz help me ASAP.

Regards,

Dinesh Kaushik

1 Message

July 17th, 2014 23:00

I keep installing  Intel Centrino Wireless-N 7260 AGN/AC/BGN Driver but it fails with a notification that "bsutilcs stopped working". So my wireless key still doesn't work.

Help!

3 Posts

October 9th, 2014 17:00

Hello! I also have the same problem.. The Airplane mode button is ON and i CAN'T turn it OFF... even on the Network Options.. it can't be switch off.

what should I do?

i needed wireless connection.

I have Dell Inspiron 5547

1 Message

November 4th, 2014 15:00

Not sure if this solution came up, but: I had this problem with a business computer on a trip, and found out too late how simple and therefore aggravating the solution has one step:

1. There's a hardware switch. No idea why Dell thought that this would improve the user experience, but that's all it was. On one computer it was above the f-keys, on this one it's hidden inocuously on the right side of the laptop next to the headphone jack. I must of hit it by accident, but flipping it fixed everything. 

Hope that helps,

Fred

1 Message

November 18th, 2014 20:00

Hi I have figured out your problem, there is a button on your keyboard that looks like a wifi tower press this button and it should allow you to turn off the airplane mode, good luck my friend

3 Posts

November 22nd, 2014 03:00

thank you ^_^

December 14th, 2014 10:00

Wow!! It worked like magic! The answer was in front of me the whole time, thank you sooooooooo much! I will definitely pass on your intelligence!!

No Events found!