Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2014 22:00

Airplane mode button not working. Any help, please? First time dell user.

Hi, 

I am have recently bought a dell inspiron 15 7000 series laptop. Its only been a month that I have been using it. Everything was fine but my airplane mode button (the button beside F12 and PrtScr which are working fine) stopped working. Any help? Every other buttons on the button row is fully functional so I fear its not a keyboard matrix problem?  

Please help me. 

1 Message

January 4th, 2015 13:00

I reinstalled both the drivers...

button starts working for some time, but stops working after I restart my laptop..

reply soon..

1 Message

January 23rd, 2015 04:00

i do have a same prblm ..but the keyboard way didnt worked for me ..any other suggestion plz

1 Message

January 29th, 2015 06:00

You must unlock Function then press Function+wifi tower ,good luck my friend

1 Message

May 8th, 2015 12:00

dear dell laptop lovers to on/off or disable or enable Airplane mode hold down  Fn key and press F2 key

1 Message

October 28th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

Have installed Win 8.1 on Dell Vostro 3446. 

Unable to make the wifi work. The Fn+PrtScr toggles Flight Mode on/off. 

Kindly advise how to make the wifi work.

Thanks. 

14 Posts

March 7th, 2016 08:00

Thanks!!  You saved my day. 

1 Message

March 31st, 2016 06:00

Hi ELk 11, I pressed that button but it  still doesn't allow to turn off the  air plane mode.Please help.

1 Message

June 8th, 2016 05:00

The button looking like a wireless antenna does nothing, either on its own or with Ctrl, Shirft or any other meta key. I ran the dell diagnostics app and it said wireless is turned off, click here to enable". As I did this, it flicked up to display a suitable network, and then switched off again. In Device Manager the device is "working properly" and diagnostics says as much. Help!

1 Message

June 9th, 2016 06:00

You rock!!!  Thank you!!!  I was about to throw it down the street!!  Lol!

February 27th, 2017 08:00

This worked like a charm for me. The FN locked key is on the ESC key and I had to press it once, then FN+PRTSCR. I can see where locking the FN keys could be valuable at times. But super frustrating when your brand new computer will not hook up to the net.

No Events found!