Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 7th, 2017 14:00

Alienware 13 r3 1050 ti capabilities?

Hey! I just ordered the Alienware 13, R3 1050ti for gaming. It's quite a huge upgrade from my current Surface Pro 3!

I am going to be using it mostly to play overwatch and I want to play "For Honor". My issue is that I just noticed now the 1050ti in this is a 2gb instead of the 4gb. Can anybody tell me how much this will affect my gaming? I'm not a hardcore gamer by any means, I game A LOT, but I don't play graphically intensive games with exception of "For Honor"

Anybody else own one of these models give me some insight? If it doesn't run it,does Dell offer some sort of exchange that I could just return this and upgrade to the 1060? Thanks!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 8th, 2017 03:00

More memory allows for more visual effects, but won't speed anything up.

The only "exchange" is the 21-day satisfaction guarantee -- if you're not happy with the system within 21 days of shipment, you can return it for a refund minus a restocking and shipping charges.  No, there's no upgrade to the 1060.  If you want the 1060 model, buy it NOW -- you cannot upgrade it later.

There's no video card in the system - the GPU is a permanent part of the mainboard.

No Events found!