og1764
1 Copper

Alienware 14 Battery / AC Adapter problem

Hi,
I was playing a game last night on my Alienware 14 when it suddenly shut down. It would not turn back on and it was not out of charge. I have tried the power drain trick and it hasn't solved the problem. When I try to plug the AC adapter in, I hear a spark, the light goes off on the adapter, and near the power plug on the computer starts to smell. I believe I still have it under warranty as I got it for a present in October. Furthermore, I am unable to access Dell Support via email or chat because it doesn't recognise my service tag or my express service code.

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem, or is it completely broken? Will I be supplied a new laptop or will I have to pay for a new one out of pocket? If so is it possible to transfer my hard-drives?

Thanks,
Oliver

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Alienware 14 Battery / AC Adapter problem

Hi og1764,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Can you check with an alternate adapter?

Please private message us the service tag of the system in discussion.

Kindest Regards,
DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell

DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos
og1764
1 Copper

Hi, 
Unfortunately I don't have another adapter so I'm unable to try it, however I have a feeling it still wouldn't work, as the adapter lights up perfectly fine before I plug it in.
Thanks,
og1764

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case kindly contact Alienware tech support  via phone or you could email them at AWSocialmedia@Dell.com

Thanks

Robin

DELL-Robin D
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos