Highlighted
Nit3H8wk
1 Copper

Alienware 17 R3 windows 10 netflix issue.

Issue affecting netflix with the windows 10 app, Internet Explorer and microsoft edge which are the only ways to get 1080p on netflix i have audio but no video on external dell display but i can see the video controls such as pause play stop. If i disable the intel gpu in the device manager i get video but then i have to re-enable the laptop display after every reboot. The problem is caused by nvidia optimus and there there really should be a bios option to disable it not just for windows but for linux as well atleast for those of us who are not concerned with battery life. I am always plugged in even when i am at a friends place as it's the only way to game. So far microsoft support forums and chat have been completely useless. If i drag the netflix window over to the laptop screen the video comes back. Searching google i see lots of other users with the same issue but no solutions so i don't expect much luck here. I will most likely have to cancel my netflix subscription until i can get a macbook pro.

0 Kudos