Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 31st, 2017 18:00

Alienware 17" R4 not booting

Hi,

My Alienware R4 is less than 12 months old. I was using it this morning, then went back to open it up and had cpu lights on but no monitor. .

I performed a hard reset . Keyboard and logo lights came on, but none of the four power/processor lights on the top left of the keyboard came on.

It's my work computer - so please help!

Kind regards,
Dave

2K Posts

May 31st, 2017 23:00

Hi Dave,

Do you see any specific pattern on the power led? Are there any beeps?

Run the LCD bist - Turn off the system and press and hold the "D" key + power button to turn on the system and it should run the LCD built in self test - see this link for more info - http://dell.to/1SkXNrG

Disconnect the adapter and battery and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to release any static power. Then test the system with the adapter only / battery only.

Download the service manual here if required. 

Press and hold the fn key + power button to turn on the system and it should initiate the diagnostics - check for any possible beep codes.

If nothing works, then kindly upload a video on YouTube and post a link so we could review the same and advise further course of action and if required, we can book a service call based on your region and warranty.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private message with the service tag and your Name for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

May 31st, 2017 23:00

Thanks for the response, Rishi.

I've spoken with Dell customer service, who advised of the same set of troubleshooting procedures.

They have organised a Dell representative to do a call-out in person.

Thanks for your help,

Dave

2K Posts

June 1st, 2017 04:00

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the update.

I suppose the issue should be resolved after the onsite tech visit.

Should you need any info / help, contact us anytime.

No Events found!