Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 24th, 2017 17:00

All New Dell Inspiron 7567 will BSOD

The new Dell Inspiron 7567 is plagued with a BSOD issue when updating the Nvidia video driver.

The driver provided by Dell is stable, however does not support the latest and greatest games (BF1 is a year old and will not launch on Dells driver).

I've spoken with several owners of the new 7567 and they are all experiencing the same issue.

There has been some issue with dell keeping up to date with the latest Nvidia drivers for the discrete GPU (you can't take regular NV gpu updates from NV experience unless you want to deal with BSOD GPU fatal errors) . From what I have read this notebook employs Nvidia Optimus technology- in short it uses the Intel GPU (on CPU) for low power applications and then seamlessly hands off to the GTX when the workload becomes too much (gaming). There is no way to disable this handoff from within bios NV control panel or windows power management to use only the GTX. Using any other than the dell supplied driver will result in extreme system instability and frequent crashes. Using the dell supplied drivers your new 1050 Ti is about 15-20% lower performing than on the newer (but unstable) NV supplied drivers.

Competing manufacturers like Acer do not have this issue and Acers machines will perform significantly better than Dells due to this driver conflict. 

I urge Dell to address this issue ASAP for it will cause a very big issue for them in the near future as Acer and Lenovo flood the market with their new systems.

March 26th, 2017 09:00

The only new driver you can use is the 378.57. That was released in January. If you use a driver higher than that you will get crashes.

We might have to look into the modded community to see if there is a modded inf file. I downloaded the dell nvidia driver and looked for the inf file but could not find under the standard naming convention that Nvidia uses

26 Posts

March 26th, 2017 19:00

26 Posts

March 26th, 2017 19:00

You guys, all other laptops with gtx 1050Ti (Acer, MSI) have the same issue with latest nvidia driver.

March 26th, 2017 22:00

Hopefully Nvidia is looking into this issue then.

1 Message

April 11th, 2017 06:00

Made Battlefeild 1 work on the Dell Driver, by changing nvapi64.dll in system32 fodler and rename it to something else like: nvapi64_.dll (Solution: Search online for "battlefield 1 bypass driver check" for solution)

Battlefield 1 works fine. Although haven't checked the latest version from Nvidia yet will be looking online to see if people are having issue still with the last version (381.65) that came out at the time of this posting. Hopefully Dell will release a new driver or nvidia fixes this issue in GTX 1050Ti laptops.

No Events found!