Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 2nd, 2018 07:00

Android Emulators

Is there a good mobile device emulator that will run and download apps.  My electronic Schlage lock and Wink hub are unsupported on the PC.  I do not have a mobile phone or pad, I NEED something that runs reliably on a Windows 10 PC Inspiron 3567, i7-7500

14 Posts

January 2nd, 2018 08:00

Do you use this one?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

all you had to do was Google

www.zdnet.com/.../

14 Posts

I have Googled it and tried a few that claimed to work well. They ran like *** if at all.  I was hoping to find something someone had used and worked well rather than keep shooting in the dark. Also cleanup after  uninstalling these garbage emulators is a mess, Automated registry cleaners never seen to get everything for some reason and I spend too much time manually going through and cleaning out the registry

9 Posts

January 2nd, 2018 09:00

Have you considered downloading AndroidStudio and just using the official developer emulator?  If you are using Windows 10 Pro, you need to make sure HyperV isn't running(if you need it for something else, you can use boot.ini to give a non-hyperv startup).  I've got an Inspiron 15 7577 and it works great(as long as you install intel haxm),   You could probably just pick up the Android SDK, but using Android Studio gives you some easier tools to manage your virtual machines and update everything.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 2nd, 2018 13:00

Have you considered downloading AndroidStudio and just using the official developer emulator?  If you are using Windows 10 Pro, you need to make sure HyperV isn't running(if you need it for something else, you can use boot.ini to give a non-hyperv startup).  I've got an Inspiron 15 7577 and it works great(as long as you install intel haxm),   You could probably just pick up the Android SDK, but using Android Studio gives you some easier tools to manage your virtual machines and update everything.

He doesn't want to be doing that.

Android Studio requires Java and all such nonsense.

It is best left for people developing Android apps.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

Do you use this one?

Nope. I have a cheapo $40 LG smartphone that I use with apps to control my EcoPlug, my TP-Link HS-110, and my Switchmate. This smartphone doesn't even have service.

14 Posts

I am unable to use touch screens due to loss of depth perception and ataxia. I definitely need something proven that will run an my PC. Simple is better, I just need to be able to download and run the app for the Wink smart home hub. The Wink for Windows 10 PC third party  app at the Windows store is an almost entirely useless piece of junk. Wink is entirely UNsupported in an way on the PC

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 2nd, 2018 14:00

Then you are out of luck.

I am not going to use an emulator when it is much easier to download and use an app, as is most of the population.

No Events found!