Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 13th, 2016 13:00

Anything new on the WD15 front?

Still waiting and hoping new information is out there to help get my WD15 fully functional. The USB 3.0 ports still don't work, at all. Everything's updated on the XPS 13 9350 it's attached to. Still frustrated about the money I spent on this thing and it doesn't work as advertised. Come on Dell, help a fella out.

9.4K Posts

September 15th, 2016 11:00

Hi benefit5,

Thanks for posting!

Have you tried the steps below?:

The USB ports are not functioning on the docking station.

1. Ensure that the docking station is connected securely to the notebook computer using the USB Type-C cable.
  2. Try to disconnect and connect the docking station to the notebook computer.
  3. Check the USB ports on the docking station. Try plugging in the USB device into another USB port on the docking station.
  4. Verify if the device is detected in Windows Device Manager and verify that the correct device drivers are installed.

Post back with your results.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

21 Posts

September 15th, 2016 16:00

Hi Robert. Connection is good. The laptop is routinely dis/re-connected as it remains mobile. USB 2.0 ports are working. Anything plugged into the USB 3.0 ports generates a "undetected USB device" message; and I have tried a number of devices which function properly when plugged in elsewhere. The dock is detected in Device Manager - bios, drivers, and firmware are up to date. I'm using the dock because power/monitor/headphone/speaker/USB 2.0 ports are working. But I'd like to ditch the USB 3.0 hub I pressed back into service so as to keep the external and optical drives connected. I know it only means a second cable connected to my XPS 13, but the point of the dock was one beautifully simple and single cable (There can be only one!). Thanks for the response.

9.4K Posts

September 20th, 2016 08:00

Are you using the USB Type C cable to connect to the laptop?

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/dell-dock-wd15/research

-Robert

21 Posts

September 20th, 2016 13:00

I'm using the cable that came with the WD15.

8 Posts

October 16th, 2016 10:00

Yup. Im still waiting for my USB3 ports to work too

No Events found!