Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 1st, 2014 21:00

Assistance to change laptop display panel to a higher res display with touchscreen

I have a Dell 7520 laptop with 1366x768 res without touchscreen... I want to change my display panel to one with 1920x1080 res with touchscreen... Can anyone tell me how to get the genuine panel and a Dell technician to do it for me... And an approximate cost...

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 3rd, 2014 02:00

There is still no Dell support for this - and it will void any warranty.

If the system doesn't have a touchscreen (or glass cover over the screen), you may be able to reuse all but the panel and cable itself (the original cable won't work with a higher resolution screen).

If it's a touchscreen or a fused-together assembly, all the upper parts of the system plus the cable need to be replaced.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 2nd, 2014 04:00

Dell will not support replacing the display panel - and this will void your warranty.  That said, you essentially need everything from the base up (new screen, bezel, back cover, hinges and cable).  You can call Dell Spare Parts for the prices on the parts - but expect it to be a significant percentage of the original cost of the system.

You are better off selling the system and ordering a new one than you are trying to replace all the parts needed.

3 Posts

December 3rd, 2014 00:00

How about me re-using my bezel, back cover, cable and hinges and replacing just the screen with the new one???

3 Posts

December 3rd, 2014 03:00

Thanks a lot... :)

No Events found!